Monday, August 30, 2004

Today she coughed a little, and I did the "oh, BLESS you baby bless you baby!" pat-on-the-chest thing, and she laughed (she usually does), and then she smiled at me and said, "aHEH". And I laughed and said "oh BLESS you baby bless you baby bless you baby!!" and patted her on the chest some more, and she did it *again*. :) What a great kid.

Tonight she figured out that if she's sitting up and leans forward, she can get up on her knees. It's only a matter of time now before I'm chasing her around the world.

This afternoon I took her down on the sand. We walked down toward the end of the boardwalk (Poodle Beach, for those familiar with Rehoboth) where it was less populated, I parked the stroller near the bike rack (gotta get a bicycle lock for the stroller), and a baby and I walked down to the edge of the water. She didn't react much; she was drowsy from the walk down, and mostly her face seemed to say, "so THAT's what's making that big noise." I laid her on a little blanket and took a couple of pictures.

She's had such a great weekend. She loves the beach. :)