Wednesday, October 27, 2004

shot!

Yesterday the three humans in my house received flu vaccines. Despite the general shortage, our pediatrician's office has enough for children in the high-risk range as well as their parents, grandparents, and in some cases great-grandparents.

I haven't had a flu shot since early elementary school. I expected it to feel like a tetanus shot -- painful, with a swollen injection-site, achey bones, and general malaise. I know, it's no longer live vaccine -- so I'm sure it's news to no one that the experience was nothing like that. The nurse was finished giving the shot before I even knew she'd stuck me. Aside from a little soreness in that arm that lasted til this afternoon, there were no side effects.

Geoff didn't faint! Jacqui didn't cry!

All in all, it was quite a pleasant experience, as far as getting shot goes.