Tuesday, April 12, 2005

lovely weather we're having

Today's highs were in the low 70's, no clouds were to be seen, and Jacqui and I spent the perfect afternoon meandering through downtown Annapolis with my mom.

We found a fabulous dandelion-colored jacquard tablecloth in April Cornell (and an outfit for a baby), we dined on the deck at Phillip's (I had the portabello mushroom appetiser, which allowed me to save room for the apple dumpling; Jacqui enjoyed a jar of spaghetti-and-cheese, bread, whole milk that she drank through a straw, and a bite or two or three of vanilla ice cream), we sat in front of the used bookstore while Jacqui napped for an hour or so in her stroller, and then she and I spent too long hanging out at my mom's house. Jacqui decided she'd had enough about 15 minutes before we were ready to leave ... which delayed our departure by about two hours.

She slept in the car though, and when we pulled into the driveway at 11pm Geoff came out to collect her. She fell right back asleep as soon as she hit her mattress ... and I'm about to decide she's down for the night. This will guarantee that she'll wake up screaming exactly 35 minutes after I'm actually asleep.