Tuesday, January 25, 2005

sans bébé

Tonight Geoff came home from work and said, "Would you like a shower?" And I said "YES!" before the "ower"-sound even came out of his mouth, so it's a good thing that's really what he was offering. And then he said, "Would you like to go to Starbucks with your book afterwards, and I will stay here with the baby?"

And that's when I fell in love all over again. My Geoffrey's mother did raise him up right.

So I had a lovely shower, and then I dressed in clothes entirely inappropriate for breastfeeding -- I even wore a NECKLACE, and then I took Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell to my closest Starbucks. We didn't have to wait very long for a table with comfy chairs to become available, and then we spent several hours together, enjoying our Chantico (and a bottle of water). And a friend who works close by even stopped in to chat, and that was WONDERFUL.

Not that Geoff and I don't have adult conversations, but mostly they center around Jacqui, her amazing feats, and her bodily functions.

I was gone for about three and a half hours, I read almost 200 pages of my book, I had an adult conversation with another woman, and Geoff played with Jacqui, he fed her, and he put her to bed.

<voice="Madmartigan">I FEEL BETTER!</voice>